Positions and Reports
COBA members are important investors in UK content and jobs in the broadcasting sector and are growing that investment steadily and strongly. To help sustain this growth, and maintain the UK’s position as a leading European hub, it is vital to consider the impact of any changes to legislation or regulation to this part of the broadcasting sector, as well as to incentivise further investment where appropriate .
COBA believes that the UK should strive for an environment where:
- Public policy incentivises all broadcasters to invest in the widest range of content and services;
- Fair and open competition exists;
- Where appropriate, there is a light-touch regulatory regime that benefits the whole of the broadcasting market;
- The Country of Origin principle is upheld and supported so that broadcasters can continue to base their pan-EU operations in the UK;
- A robust but flexible IP regime exists to facilitate investment and growth.
Most Recent Papers
UK could ‘lead the world when it comes to film and television’ Report finds that by 2025 UK’s AV sector is on course to become leading international hub – but a disappointing Brexit deal could threaten this. 11 October 2018 – The UK has the potential to become a major global hub for the audio-visual (AV) […]