Positions and Reports
COBA members are important investors in UK content and jobs in the broadcasting sector and are growing that investment steadily and strongly. To help sustain this growth, and maintain the UK’s position as a leading European hub, it is vital to consider the impact of any changes to legislation or regulation to this part of the broadcasting sector, as well as to incentivise further investment where appropriate .
COBA believes that the UK should strive for an environment where:
- Public policy incentivises all broadcasters to invest in the widest range of content and services;
- Fair and open competition exists;
- Where appropriate, there is a light-touch regulatory regime that benefits the whole of the broadcasting market;
- The Country of Origin principle is upheld and supported so that broadcasters can continue to base their pan-EU operations in the UK;
- A robust but flexible IP regime exists to facilitate investment and growth.
Most Recent Papers
Broadcasters and SVoDs are increasingly collaborating on co-commissions to create ambitious and exciting content for UK audiences, helping drive investment in UK TV drama production to record levels. The findings are revealed in new independent analysis commissioned from independent analyst Ben Keen by the Commercial Broadcasters Association (COBA) as part of its evidence to the […]
Congratulations to RTS winner Sky News, Nickelodeon commissions British animation Paddington, and Peppa Pig ups the soft power ante…COBA’s monthly newsletter about its members’ commissioning and other activities is now out.